Saturday, August 15, 2009

Week Nine

In Your Family Bag...
Yellow Beans
Corn and Garlic
Savoy Cabbage
Tomatoes - small and green
Green Bell Pepper
Cuban Elle sweet Pepper
Summer Squash and round zucchini
Cucumber & Basil
Eggplant

Add to that the red celery, french melons, spinach, blue potatoes, and garlic that I couldn't resist, I have quite a lot of produce to cook for my family of six this week. Having struggled with the challenge of using the bounty of vegetables we receive from our CSA (community supported agriculture) membership, I've decided to share my struggle with others, hence this blog. We are lucky to live within a few blocks of the North Union Farmer's market and have subscribed to the wonderful CSA at Covered Bridge Gardens and Peter's Creek. We like the variety we get with the larger family membership but wow, what a lot of vegetables to cook. I hope to share recipes, ideas and maybe even some vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment