Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bouillabaisse

When I have a new recipe I often make it over and over for a while. This week it was bouillabaisse. I saw a recipe in Real Simple and used that as a basis for something I had never made before. It wasn't difficult. I chopped garlic, onions, red celery and fennel and sauteed them in olive oil. I added a can of chopped San Marzano tomatoes, although after this mornings trip to the market I have a ton of fresh ones. I added some white wine, saffron & a touch of sugar and salt & pepper. I let the mixture simmer for a while, then added grouper, shrimp, scallops & mussels. Real Simple said to add tarragon at the end, that would have been great and I had some in the garden, but somehow it never made it in there. I served it over basmanti rice. It's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment