Friday, July 16, 2010

Hey Mikey, he likes it.

Last nights dinner was a hit all around.  We roasted the New Creation Farms babyback ribs for 2 1/2 hours in the oven at 225 degrees, then sauced them with 1/2 bbq sauce, 1/2 teriyaki and finished them on the grill.   Yum, the kids loved them & it was much easier than my former boiling method. 

Sides were green beans and pasta.  I frenched (sliced lengthwise) the beans like my mom does.  It takes some time, but seems to be worth it.  I boil them, then do a quick saute with some kosher salt & butter.   My 6 year old eats platefuls with her fingers.

The best part was the pasta.  My friends picky 7 year old asked for 3rds.  A tomato, garlic & fresh parsley sauteed in some olive oil and tossed with fresh Ohio City Pasta and some asiago cheese.  Too bad there wasn't more.

No comments:

Post a Comment