Thursday, August 6, 2015

what's for dinner?

Our daughter's boyfriend is coming for dinner.  Flying in to town and we have never met him.  He lives in Colorado where she goes to college and is stopping in for a two day visit.  What's on the menu?   Lamb, lava burgers and my secret recipe veggie orzo.   I marinated the lamb this morning in yogurt, olive oil, fresh mint, garlic, shallots, salt and lemon juice.  For those who don't like lamb - and the vegan says - who doesn't like lamb?! (Him perhaps?) I have lava burgers - our specialty - and no those aren't for the vegan either!  Lava burgers are hamburgers stuffed with Boursin cheese.  A favorite of kids all around the neighborhood.   I've been making a great orzo pasta, saute tons of any type of veggies - tonight will be onion, zucchini, red pepper and broccoli in olive oil and mix into cooked orzo. I separate the vegan's portion first (and vegan's need big portions!)  For the non-vegans I add a few tablespoons of Boursin cheese.    The kids will eat almost any vegetable prepared in this fashion.    I haven't made it yet, so I don't have a photo, but here is last week's lava burger meal extravaganza for the college girls first night home.

No comments:

Post a Comment