Thursday, April 22, 2010

Carnitas Casserole

Carnitas - I used cubed New Creation pork, salted it and cooked it slowly for several hours in orange juice, cumin and some Goya creole marinade until it fell apart.   The casserole is easy to assemble.  I put in a layer of prepared fresh salsa, because I didn't have time to make my own.  I used our local Heinen's supermarkets fresh salsa.  Then a layer of flour tortillas, then a layer of carnitas, then more tortillas, then a layer of Heinen's canned organic refried beans and white rice with cilantro and more carnitas.  I topped it off with a layer of shredded mexican cheese and baked it in a 350 degree oven.   Before serving, a corn and cilantro salsa, more of the prepared salsa and some sour cream top it all off.  Church function here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment