Thursday, April 22, 2010

Beef with Snow Peas

I took my standard beef with broccoli recipe and turned it into beef with snow peas.   I've stopped using a recipe and now just quickly marinate the sliced sirloin in mirin, soy, garlic, ginger (or ginger powder in a pinch) and some corn starch.  I took the time to take the ends off each pea pod and de-string it.  Then I steamed the pea pods, browned the sirloin in batches, and then at the end poured the marinade into the browning pan, added some extra soy sauce, mirin & water from the peas, cooked it a bit and then added the meat &  peapods.  I served it over white rice.   Most of the kids seemed to like it more than the beef with broccoli & the teenager was fighting over the peapods.  The teenager's boyfried had two helpings.

No comments:

Post a Comment